What does Display Emulator / Dummy Plug do?
It fixes a problem you probably didn’t even know you had – unlocking the full potential of your graphics card hardware.
By simulating the presence of an attached display, display emulator allows you to use all of the power and available resolutions locked away inside your graphics hardware,
which might otherwise be disabled when there is no screen available.
Why do you need a VGA/ HDMI / DVI Display Emulator?
HDMI/DVI/VGA Display emulator is a small, low-cost plug that work as a high resolution display, it makes a computer run “headless” (without a keyboard, mouse, and monitor).
It appears as a headless ghost display emulator (dummy plug) that fits discreetly in to the video output socket on your computer.
Once plugged, the headless PC detects a connected display thus enabling the GPU.
Remote desktop access to the headless PC is then available at high resolution – up to 4096×2160 and high frame rate.
With the GPU enabled, it is possible to perform for various tasks including high resolution hardware accelerated remote desktop and GPGPU operations like crypto currency mining, rendering and simulations.
It is a must-have for server and colocation farms, SOHO and home servers and remote-deployed headless PCs.
FREEGENE HDMI dummy plug: Maximum 4096*2160@60Hz;
FREEGENE DVI dummy plug: Maximum 4096*2160@60Hz;
FREEGENE VGA dummy plug: Maximum 1920*1080@60Hz;
FREEGENE DP dummy plug: Maximum 3840×2160@17Hz;
FREEGENE Mini DP dummy plug: Maximum 3840×2160@17Hz
The Maximum supported pixel of FREEGENE Dummy Plug is tested by our engineer, if you can’t get this, please check your computer/laptop setting, not every model support it.
FREEGENE dummy plug CAN NOT emulate a higher pixel that your computer/laptop don’t support.
- Hardware accelerated remote desktop access at high resolutions, supports resolutions from 800×600 all the way up to 4K (FREEGENE VGA dummy plug Maximum 1920×1080@60Hz, HDMI and DVI Maximum 4096×2160@60Hz, DP and Mini DP/Thunderbolt 2 Maximum 3840×2160@60Hz);
- Plug and play, hot swapping supported, requires no drivers, configuration or power supply – just set it and forget it;
- Operating system and software agnostic – works with Windows, OSX, Linux and just about anything else;
- Appears as a headless ghost display in the OS graphics properties window for easy identification among other displays;
- Unlocking the full potential of your graphics card hardware, good choice for game-streaming and VR, etc.